"Let’s get reacquainted. This is who I am…"
There have been a lot of transitions in the past few months. We closed the doors of Bloom Retreat, and reopened as The Practice for Women.
I am still here, but I wanted to take a moment to get reacquainted and reintroduce myself to you. Any change is an opportunity to grow and evolve, so I want to again share with you who I am and why I am here, and give you a sneak peak into where we are going as The Practice.
Often in The Practice, I ask women to drop in and answer the question, “Who am I?” As women we tend to get so lost giving ourselves away to others that we forget who we are. It’s easy to name the obvious, surface things, but who are we truly, at our core, and why we are here?
So I asked myself the question. Who am I?
- I am a mom of two (my daughter and I love to take silly selfies together). 🙂
- A wife, a business owner, and an entrepreneur.
- I have two cats, two puppies, a house, and piles of unfolded laundry.
- Right now my 11-year-old son is telling me he’s bored and my 9-year-old daughter is in the backyard doing cartwheels.
- A year ago I got sick, like really sick, with something called Epstein Barr Virus. I was down for about 10 months.
- My mom died of breast cancer at 56 years old (I was 27). When she died I made a commitment to myself that I would not follow her path.
- She was really good at over caretaking, taking on too much responsibility, pushing, perfecting, and forgetting herself along the way.
- I fell into that same pattern over the past couple years, and I caught myself.
- Last year, when I got sick, I heard a voice deep inside of me calling me to make a huge life change—for my health, my kids, and my soul’s dreams.
- I have big dreams.
- That voice told me to close my business of 6.5 years, and take the next step towards what I really wanted to do.
- While closing my business was one of the hardest things I have ever done, it wasn’t as hard as being sick.
- I try to always listen to that deep inner voice inside of me (which I sometimes refer to as Her), and I try to make the changes she asks of me.
- Sometimes what she asks of me sounds crazy and hard, and I resist, but in the end I always follow.
- I believe everything we move through is for everything we are meant to become.
- Bloom Retreat helped me become the woman I am today and showed me where I am supposed to go next.
- I am scared a lot of the time, especially when I choose to speak my voice, lead from my truth, and set boundaries. For example, this email was scary to send.
- I have a deep fear of betrayal (especially from other women).
- But I try to practice trust and surrender.
- Over and over again.
- Through Bloom and all of the magical women I met there, I feel like my soul’s true work was revealed.
- It’s called The Practice®.
- It’s for women who feel lost, broken, isolated, disconnected, and exhausted.
- It brings women back to themselves so they feel seen, heard, and have space to trust themselves again.
- It connects women to a community of other like-minded souls, and reminds us how to speak our own truth confidently and with grace.
- It feels sacred and wild and true.
- It feels like home.
- This is why I am here.
- I am a woman on a healing journey. I believe that as I heal myself, I also heal my mom, and my daughter. Time is not linear.
- I am writing a book—a memoir about my journey of losing my mother, becoming a woman, and listening to that deep inner voice.
- I love to share through stories because stories allow women to connect and see that we are not alone.
- In The Practice, I am a guide and a leader of deep transformative journeys for women.
- I am a keeper of my own health. Last year doctors told me there was nothing I could do to combat my illness except wait. I called bullshit. I worked with a naturopath, multiples healers, and my own inner wisdom to change my life, my habits, my diet, and everything in between to get better. It worked.
- I am a community builder. Right now I am dreaming of a community called the Co-Working Sisterhood for women entrepreneurs and creatives to come together and work side by side at The Practice.
- I am a dreamer.
- There’s a lot unfolding right now that I can’t wait to share with you.
- I feel like I am only beginning.
- I am woman on a mission to help women remember who they truly are.
So that’s me, at least in this moment. Every week or so I will be reaching out, sharing bits and pieces of my heart and book with the intention to help you drop into more of who you are. I keep it raw and real, because I don’t believe we have time for anything else.
I will also be announcing all the amazing events and happenings at The Practice. Think sacred movement, self-love, sisterhood, co-working, speaker series, goddess circles, and more.
I would love to invite you to stay a part of this special community as we grow and deepen.
Thank you for being here and making magic with us.
And if you feel inspired, I invite you to take a moment, grab a pen and a piece of paper, and answer the question: “Who am I?” You might surprise yourself. It can be powerfully revealing.
P.S. Stay tuned because I will soon be announcing my Wild Grace Immersion (sneak peek HERE). Only 4 spots remain for women ready to transform their lives.
Michelle Long, MA
Founder of The Practice®